Business Standards Council Council
Building on the creation of the USSM, OMB Memorandum 16-11 acknowledged that, although each service area operates in its own unique environment with specific requirements and challenges, all service areas would benefit from closer coordination and collaboration supported by a more robust cross-functional governance model. To achieve this end, service area leads, in coordination with USSM, have established the Business Standards Council to ensure better coordination of the Shared Services initiative.
Business Standards Council Responsibilities:
The Business Standards Council will serve as an advisory council to the Shared Services Policy Officer (SSPO), SSGB and USSM providing: (1) subject matter expertise for their respective lines of business; (2) sharing of best practices and challenges in their functional areas; (3) continued improvement and optimization of processes through automation or consolidation; and (4) additional perspective from customer agencies as it relates to shared services policy, services and systems. Service area leads will also be active collaborators in:
• Common business processes
• SME migration oversight
• Services and metrics
• Criteria for solutions
• Support policy and promote efficiency
To ensure identified issues are appropriately escalated and addressed,
• Service area leads will participate in monthly 1.5 – 2 hour council meetings with the USSM Director to ensure council participants are kept abreast of issues/concerns warranting the Council’s attention as well as decisions from the SSGB;
• There will be a co-chair responsible for helping to design and implement meetings and objectives of the council;
• The SSPO will attend and participate in Business Standards Council meetings, as needed; and
• The monthly meeting will serve to coordinate shared services migration/implementation challenges, as needed.
• The charter will be revisited periodically to keep pace with the needs of the council.